Your van conversion
You are getting ready for a van conversion, but don’t know where to start. Firstly you need to start by stripping your van out so there is nothing left in the back. Once this step is done you are onto the arguably most important step, insulation… Have we got the perfect product for you. We believe that our Therma-Foil, foil insulation is the best for your conversion. Read this post for proof.
Insulating your van
Insulating your van is very important and can make or break the conversion. With the correct insulation you can stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Therma-Foil is specifically designed for floors and walls, and would be perfect for your van. Its only 2.5mm thick, this means that you wont have to worry about your insulation taking up loads of space.
Therma-foil has also got great noise dampening a minimum of 18db which will be helpful if on a campsite and you don’t want people to hear you as easily, because everyone loves privacy, but once thing we love more is to be nosey and listen in to what people are talking about.
Our foil isolation is also extremely light, a 25sq meter roll only weighing 3kg. When Converting a an you need to save on weight where possible, and this is a great way of doing so.
Keeping warm on those cold winter nights are very important especially in a van where there is no heating. Personally I do a lot of camping and when it is a cold night it is horrible and I wish I had extra insulation. When converting a van you can make sure that you have enough to stay warm in winter (or summer we are a British its cold all year round).
Alternatively, when we do get a little bit of heat in this country, it is amazing. I don’t know about you, but one thing I hate more than sleeping cold is going to sleep hot an sweaty. When using Therma-Foil, foil insulation a great quality it has is not only keeping the heat in in winter, but reflecting the heat back outside on hot days so that you can be comfy and fall asleep cool.
- Therma-Foil is a Lightweight & flexible, Ultra-slim profile (2.5mm) taking up less space than most bulk insulation.
- Therma-Foil is highly energy efficient and is used to help meet or improve U-values in both new build and renovation projects improving the overall energy performance rating in your property.
- Therma-Foil’s ultra slim profile means minimal effect on room height and eliminates the need to shave off the bottom of the door.
- Our foil insulation improves the performance of hot-water underfloor heating systems through the uniform reflection of the heat generated.
- Therma-Foil acts as a Vapour Barrier and resists the passage of moisture through floors.
- Therma-Foil improves the general air-tightness of the building and will not mold or mildew. It acts as a corrosion resistant insulation system.
- Therma-Foil provides a thermal break to reduce the risk of thermal bridging.
- reduces Impact Noise.
- Therma-Foil is fast, simple and safe to install. There is no need for specialised protective equipment or clothing.
- Therma-Foil is made from 100% Recyclable materials and is CFC & HCFC Free.
Read more on the technical data of therma foil here.
We know that there are other foil insulations out there and I’m sure you could find some a bit cheaper if you took the time to do so. One thing for certain is that the benefits of our foil insulation for your van conversion, strongly point to the fact that Therma-Foil is the best on the market. For the extra comfort and space you save using Therma-Foil, I personally think that spending a little bit more money is a small price to pay for an extrema gain.
We think therma-foil is the best insulation for your van, don’t believe us? Get yourself a free sample pack here and take a look at it for yourself.